Benefits of a Personal Secured Loan
Written by: John Mussi
A Personal secured loan can offer many benefits, some of which are listed below:
Personal secured loans are loans that are offered to individuals rather than businesses.
Rates for a personal secured loan will be way lower than for other loan products so it makes good financial sense for many of us over the term of our borrowings. It can, in other words, significantly cut our costs.
Whenever we take out a secured loan we give a guarantee to the lender we choose that we are willing to repay our debt. This isn't just a question of signing an agreement and promising to do our best. We put our personal property behind our agreement. So, if we stop making repayments on our secured loan, the lender can simply take its money from our secured property. This, as you might imagine, makes us much less of a risk - so that's why we get such good interest rates!
What you have to ask yourself is how likely this is to happen to you. Chances are it won't. But, you have a couple of points to consider before taking out these types of personal loans to make sure you protect yourself and your property.
Firstly, you should never borrow so much cash that your repayments in themselves are beyond your personal income. Do this and, to be honest, you're asking for trouble from the word go. If you're unsure at how your finances will cope with the loan you need then talk to a secured personal loans specialist to get some advice.
Secondly, you should think about taking out some kind of payment protection insurance policy for your secured loan. Things can happen that stop us making repayments and managing our finances - with this sort of plan behind you you'll have no problems. It will, under certain circumstances, simply take over your repayments for you for a while.
- A Personal secured loan is far easier to obtain than unsecured loans. The added security that this type of loan gives the lender means that even those with a less than perfect credit history can get hold of a Personal secured loan with relative ease.
- A Personal secured loan is often offered with more favourable terms than other types of loans. With Personal secured loans it is also far more likely that you will be able to borrow a larger amount of money and pay it back over a longer period of time.
- A Personal secured loan can help you to free up equity that would otherwise remain dormant in your property, letting you make use of capital that would otherwise remain unobtainable.
- The interest rates on Personal secured loans are often considerably lower than those offered on unsecured loans.
- A Personal secured loan will enable you to get your hands on money that would otherwise take a long time to save up, allowing you the freedom to spend it on whatever you want.
- A Personal secured loan can be used for any purpose such as; paying off debts, making home improvements, buying a new car, luxury holiday or anything you choose!
There are two main things you should look out for with personal secured loans. First of all you should always deal with a reputable lender that makes the whole loans process as easy as possible for you.
Then you need to take a long and hard look at costs. A loan is, at the end of the day, just a loan. You borrow a certain amount and then pay back more to make it worthwhile to the lender to give you the cash in the first place. The lower your interest rate, therefore, the less 'extra' cash you'll pay back.
You may freely reprint this article provided the author's biography remains intact:
About the Author
John Mussi is the founder of Direct Online Loans who help UK homeowners find the best available loans via the www.directonlineloans.co.uk website.
Student Loan Consolidation
Why Consolidate Your Student Loans?
It's January of your senior year and time to start thinking
about all those loans you took to help pay for college.
Between Stafford Loans, Perkins Loans and all the rest,
between subsidized and...read more
Employ Bridging Loans for short term financial gaps
Each one of us may face financial crisis in our life. I too have
faced. I always wanted to own a home with a big beautiful
garden. I had been looking for it for a long time and one day I
found it. However, there was one problem, I would say a...read more
What Type of Loan Do You Need?
There are many types of loans available to consumers. There is no shortage of people willing to lend money to qualified individuals. It is a matter of knowing what you need and what is available to you. Student loans, personal loans, auto loans-...read more
Return to Home