Home Owner Loan - 5 Tips To Get Yourself Ready For A Home Loan Application
Written by: Justin Koh
So you need to get a home loan to finance that new house? There are some things you must know to prepare yourself adequately for a favorable application.
1) Know your state of finance. Tabulating the numbers is the key to avoid future disappointment. Is the price of the new house within the range you can afford? How much you can afford will also be influenced by home-related cost like furniture, home accessories and gadgets, insurance, utility bills etc. Self-awareness through budget planning--a few months beforehand--enables you to anticipate for the amount of loan required so that you can repay it promptly.
2) Know your credit report is in good stead. Your credibility is what the lending company looks for in your financial background before it can approve a loan. You can find out your credit score through reports generated from Equifax Score Power, True Credit, or Consumerinfo. A low score almost always leads to high interest rates. Many factors determine your score, including length of history, income, a profiling of your debt and credit obligations etc. If there are areas in your report which can be improved, like closing unnecessary accounts, take the necessary actions and wait around 60 days for the latest status to take effect, then get another copy of your credit report.
3) Know all that you need about the fees and interest rates. Do a comparison of all the lending companies before settling down on the suitable one. Check that all terms and conditions are understood, and there are no other hidden cost. If you have questions, simply ask to clear the air.
4) Know what's the repayment method is like. Depending on the company's policy, you may pay back a portion of the loan plus interest, just the interest for the whole length of the loan plan or the complete sum including interest after the plan is completed. Discuss with the loan officer about your personal repayment capability to reach a mutual agreement.
5) Know what documents are needed for the application. Again check with the loan officer early to give yourself time to prepare them, which are likely to be your pay slip, home insurance policy, driver's licence and social security information.
Finally, if you can apply for a loan online, you are most encouraged to do so. Instant Internet access gives you convenience and cuts short the time instead of you having to wait in the office for the paperwork to be done.
About the Author
Justin Koh is a freelance writer whose articles have appear in most major ezines. You can find more of these at: http://www.homeloanscenter.info
You have permission to publish this article electronically or in print, free of charge, as long as the bylines are included. A courtesy copy of your publication would be appreciated.
Online Loans Made easy
What will it take for you to get a low interest, low payment loan? The answer to that question could be an online loan from one of the many companies that specializes in granting online loans, or e-loans. Some analysts forecast that as more...read more
Debt Consolidation Loans - Knowledge Is Power
A debt consolidation loan pays for multiple other loans or lines
of credit. If you find yourself swimming in debt, this might be
a good option. Debt consolidation loan is the best option when
you have maxed out your credit cards and are yet...read more
No Credit Check Secured Loan: Best Solution For People With Bad Credit
Checking the credit history of any borrower is the most
important step in any lending process. Lenders do this for
obvious reasons but most of the borrowers hate undergoing credit
checks, which disclose their credit history to strangers. This
Return to Home