Simple Ways to Get a Home Loan with Bad Credit
Written by: Dean Shainin
Today's consumers are empowered with high speed online Internet access. Finding a bad credit home loan is much easier than it used to be.
It's a myth that only those with good credit can get home loans. You can get home loans with bad credit, too. There are many companies both online and offline who specialize in these kind of loans. However, the better the credit report, the lower is the interest rate on the home loan.
These 7 points will be important when applying for a home loan with bad credit.
1. All homes have to be appraised by an appraiser, who will ensure whether the property is enough to cover the loan amount.
2. The bad credit home loan consists of two parts. The first part is the down payment and the second part is the monthly payments. This follows a point system. A point is 1% of the loan amount. If you are charged 1 point on $200,000 loan, you have to pay $2000. If you are charged 4 points, then you have to pay $8,000 and so on.
3. Interest rates changed periodically are dependent upon the US and the global economy. It pays to shop around for rates. Lenders may offer lower interest rates and more points or less points and a higher rate of interest. More points and a lesser rate of interest would mean that your initial down payment will be high. And the interest payments will be much less or vice versa.
4. The term for the interest payments can also differ from company to company. It can be for 10, 15, 20 or 30 years also. There are adjustable interest rates available. These increase or decrease with the general interest rate prevalent in the market. However there are caps in place, so that the rate doesn't fluctuate violently.
5. There are loans available for those who wish to construct a house and not purchase one. In that case payments can be made according to work progress of the house. After the house has been completed, it can be converted into a traditional mortgage loan.
6. To get a bad credit home mortgage loan, you can apply online for the pre-approved loans. By applying for these loans, you can know your budget and can find out how much you can borrow, instead of focusing on whether the bad credit home mortgage loan would be approved or not.
7. Finally, a very important thing to keep in mind while applying for a bad credit home mortgage loan is that you must fill out the application form correctly. Before submitting the application, you must make sure that all the information provided by you is correct and is spelled correctly. If while processing, your information cannot be matched, then it may lead to a delay in the approval of the application, or sometimes, even in the rejection of the application for your bad credit home mortgage loan.
With a some research, education and time spent looking into the best way to get a home loan with bad credit, it can be well worth your while. You can save yourself a lot of hassle, time and money in the process.
Copyright 2006 Dean Shainin
About The Author
Dean Shainin is a consultant specializing in home loans, strategies for loan financing, home equity loans, and consolidation loan information. To see a list of recommended loan companies, tools, resources, free quotes and information, visit this site: http://www.homemortgageloantips.com
New Home Construction Loans 101
When you are ready to build your first home or that dream home
that you have been wanting for so long you will probably wind up
needing help with the financial part of the building process.
The funding for your new home is available through new...read more
Reasons Why a UK Personal Loan Might Be a Good Idea For You
When people look at their financial portfolio many do not consider loans as a wise option. This is because people see the principal plus the interest and automatically assume that alone is a bad decision. That is not always the case. When...read more
How to Qualify for a Home Mortgage Loan
Are you considering applying for a mortgage loan to purchase
your first home? If so, you should read the following tips below
that will make the process easier!
If You Have a Good Credit History It Is Easier To Qualify For
Return to Home